Skip to main content

Yoga is not just stretching

 There are several different structures that allow the student to enjoy a rewarding yoga experience. 

1. Tissue Preparation 

Begin any physical activity (including massage) with tissue preparation using the Pranayama, "Om"-ing, Energy Healing Theta breath. 

2. Restorative Practice

A practice to restore and nurture. Excellent for people with health challenges, be it physical or mental. They are exactly what they say, restoring the reservoirs of the body/mind. Rejuvenating with very little physical exertion. 

3. Vinyasa (Flow/Power Yoga) Practice

Used as a warm up or practiced for their own sake. Excellent aerobic, isometric exercise that raises the body's energy, coordination, and mental acuity. 

4. Asana Practice

Practiced to increase opening of the body/mind, develop focus, and patience. Asanas are tools for heightened consciousness and health, rather than a goal to attain. 

5. Pranayama Practice 

Can be used as a practice on its own to increase lung capacity and heal depression that raises the overall life force.

6. Meditation Practice

Deeply healing without exerting physically can be used to attain clarity, focus, and altered states of consciousness.

7. Living Movement

Movement that can be used within a normal yoga practice or on its own that also incorporates breath and sound.   

8. Private Yoga/Thai Yoga Therapy 

One on one therapeutic partner yoga practice (should only be practiced by a qualified Thai Yoga Therapist who is certified through a reputable source).

Namaste

www.gobodhiyoga.com

Gracen Kahn Pernia © 2020 All Rights Reserved 

Comments

  1. how i got my Ex lover back after a divorced by the help of DR NCUBE a marriage/relationship specialist. contact him if you need help WHATSAPP DR NCUBE ON +2348155227532
    his email is..... drncube03@gmail.com


    he also have #herbs for
    #hiv/aids
    #cancerdisease
    #fibroid
    #diabetes

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tamasic Energy

Tamas /Upward-Downward Movement        Tamas movement is strong, deep, and internally focused. In yoga, this would be the movement deep within the focus of each postures. It is the up and down currents of extension of the head and connection of the feet. Tamas is the listening in conversation. It is tamasic nature that keeps one from trying a posture or re-coiling from participating or receiving a hands-on adjustment, which is intended to improve the yoga experience.  chakrasana www.gobodhiyoga.com Gracen Kahn Pernia  © 2020 All Rights Reserved.

Ayurvedic Lifestyle

Living an Ayurvedic lifestyle takes discipline. When I concluded my yoga teacher training, I decided to further explore Ayurveda.  Ayurveda is known as the "science of life". One who eats an Ayurvedic diet and lives an Ayurvedic lifestyle is said to live to their optimal health. I am participating in an Ayurvedic cleanse to honor my body's doshic makeup. By doing an Ayurvedic cleanse, I reduce inflammation and mucus build up in my body.  When the body is out of equilibrium, "dis-ease" manifests. When we completely rid our bodies of inflammation and excess mucus, the body can actually heal itself. I personally believe combining several practices can really enhance a person's well being. Before I list what has worked for me, this is not at all medical advice and always recommend you consult with your physician.  I have done a 360 transformation in a little over 1 year. I began by practicing Bodhi Yoga with an Ayurvedic focus. This yoga opened me up in a new li...

Another fave!

I have so many favorite things about yoga that I have learned thus far. My most favorite by far would have to be curing my insomnia. Normally, I cannot stay asleep throughout the night and I constantly toss and turn---and let me tell you my mattress is NICE. My pillows and comforter are extravagant but that doesn't always solve sleep problems. Practicing Ayurveda and doing a 28 day Ayurvedic cleanse has been absolutely therapeutic for me. Your mind affects you in so many ways on a daily basis. Our brains are absorbing all kinds of information throughout the day and it's most of the time negative! By simply changing the way you eat to a healthier diet, it alters the kind of energy you are consuming on a daily basis. For example, if I go eat Chick-fil-a I am 100% going to feel extremely sleepy groggy afterwards. Why? Those chickens that are being factory farmed for fast food are dying and suffering when they are killed for consumption. That negative energy STAYS in the meat and...