Skip to main content

Yoga for Tight Hips

Yesterday evening, I practiced a yoga flow with a lovely yogi online via Youtube. Her name is Kassandra and she created an AMAZING hip opening sequence that left me feeling new! Throughout her practice, in some of the poses I was confronting my limitations. I pushed certain edges to my limit and broke through some of them. Others I could not. When I couldn't get into a full pose like Eka Pada Rajakapotasana, it made me feel defeated at first. After breathing where I was in the pose that almost lead to Eka Pada Rajakapotasana, I realized PRACTICE and PATIENCE. I immediately felt empowered. 

Now, in my personal practice I am going to build up to Eka Pada Rajakapotasana and master that asana. During the flow, I heard "you can do this". It made me smile and push towards my limitations in her practice. I am so grateful to have experienced that because it will help me grow mentally, emotionally, physically, and spiritually. 

I liked that her practice was different. Normally, I love doing Bodhi Yoga™ because I experience spiritual things in those practices. For example, the other weekend I was practicing a Bodhi Flow™, I was outside in the grass next to a labyrinth (still convinced to this day it is part of why I experienced what I experienced) and I was moving into child's pose, balasana. When I came out of balasana, I heard angels singing "ahhhhhh" at a highly pitched tone all around me. If you have ever listened to 16D music, you hear the song playing in a circle around your head. It is one of the coolest things ever to experience. That is how I heard the angels singing; in a circle around my head. I thought I was trippin, but then I instantly realized "oh my gosh, that is coming from me". Later, I had moved over near this English Walnut tree and had moved into balasana there. When I placed my forehead on the grass, I immediately had an astral experience and perceived a bedroom. It was strange because I was looking up at this ceiling and could tell I was in a bedroom. There were 4 tall brown bed posts and it was grey. The last astral experience I had when I saw grey was not good, so I pulled out and returned to my physical body. I'm still not sure why I saw that to this day, but I am okay with not knowing the reasoning behind it. 

Kassandra's practice made me realize that it is okay to focus on your physical limitations for a flow. As a sagittarius, I detest limitations and always seek to break them when I can. It is why I love Bodhi Yoga™ so much. I feel like the limitations are breakable and it makes me feel so empowered. Kassandra's flow reiterated that I CAN do anything I put my mind to. Practice and patience is key. 



Namaste

www.gobodhiyoga.com

Gracen Kahn Pernia © 2020 All Rights Reserved.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tamasic Energy

Tamas /Upward-Downward Movement        Tamas movement is strong, deep, and internally focused. In yoga, this would be the movement deep within the focus of each postures. It is the up and down currents of extension of the head and connection of the feet. Tamas is the listening in conversation. It is tamasic nature that keeps one from trying a posture or re-coiling from participating or receiving a hands-on adjustment, which is intended to improve the yoga experience.  chakrasana www.gobodhiyoga.com Gracen Kahn Pernia  © 2020 All Rights Reserved.

Ayurvedic Lifestyle

Living an Ayurvedic lifestyle takes discipline. When I concluded my yoga teacher training, I decided to further explore Ayurveda.  Ayurveda is known as the "science of life". One who eats an Ayurvedic diet and lives an Ayurvedic lifestyle is said to live to their optimal health. I am participating in an Ayurvedic cleanse to honor my body's doshic makeup. By doing an Ayurvedic cleanse, I reduce inflammation and mucus build up in my body.  When the body is out of equilibrium, "dis-ease" manifests. When we completely rid our bodies of inflammation and excess mucus, the body can actually heal itself. I personally believe combining several practices can really enhance a person's well being. Before I list what has worked for me, this is not at all medical advice and always recommend you consult with your physician.  I have done a 360 transformation in a little over 1 year. I began by practicing Bodhi Yoga with an Ayurvedic focus. This yoga opened me up in a new li...

Another fave!

I have so many favorite things about yoga that I have learned thus far. My most favorite by far would have to be curing my insomnia. Normally, I cannot stay asleep throughout the night and I constantly toss and turn---and let me tell you my mattress is NICE. My pillows and comforter are extravagant but that doesn't always solve sleep problems. Practicing Ayurveda and doing a 28 day Ayurvedic cleanse has been absolutely therapeutic for me. Your mind affects you in so many ways on a daily basis. Our brains are absorbing all kinds of information throughout the day and it's most of the time negative! By simply changing the way you eat to a healthier diet, it alters the kind of energy you are consuming on a daily basis. For example, if I go eat Chick-fil-a I am 100% going to feel extremely sleepy groggy afterwards. Why? Those chickens that are being factory farmed for fast food are dying and suffering when they are killed for consumption. That negative energy STAYS in the meat and...