Skip to main content

The Benefits of Practicing BodhiYin Yoga™ Restorative Poses

BodhiYin Yoga™Restorative Poses increase flexibility, strength, and energy. It is perfect for people who have mental and physical challenges because this flow requires little exertion. The micro movements and being in the "stillness" is so healing because of our fast paced culture we live in. Before beginning, I like to set the space before going into my practice as it is very important to me to keep the energy clear and high vibrational. I will sage and palo santo the room and burn some Nag Champa incense to set the space. 

As I practice warming up on my mat, I am practicing Pranayama. I Ujjayi breathe for about 3-5 minutes at the beginning of my practice and transition to alternate nostril breathing to be able to breathe deeper.  Once I am ready, I will do one pose and flow from one yoga movement to another. During each asana, I will inhale through the nose, and out the mouth with a deep sigh. Different asanas allow the body this new vitality and the experience of asymmetry. Feeling asymmetrical in an asana can feel weird and unusual, but it is perfectly natural for the body to be in that space.

After one hour of flow, I will cool down with some relaxing and gentle poses such as Supta Parivrtta and Padmasana. In Savasana, I love to keep my yoga blanket over me to keep my body warm and cocooned after my flow. Also, I like to chant OM three times to conclude the practice and bow with a gentle namaste.


www.bodhiyoga.com

Gracen Kahn Pernia © 2020 All Rights Reserved

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tamasic Energy

Tamas /Upward-Downward Movement        Tamas movement is strong, deep, and internally focused. In yoga, this would be the movement deep within the focus of each postures. It is the up and down currents of extension of the head and connection of the feet. Tamas is the listening in conversation. It is tamasic nature that keeps one from trying a posture or re-coiling from participating or receiving a hands-on adjustment, which is intended to improve the yoga experience.  chakrasana www.gobodhiyoga.com Gracen Kahn Pernia  © 2020 All Rights Reserved.

Another fave!

I have so many favorite things about yoga that I have learned thus far. My most favorite by far would have to be curing my insomnia. Normally, I cannot stay asleep throughout the night and I constantly toss and turn---and let me tell you my mattress is NICE. My pillows and comforter are extravagant but that doesn't always solve sleep problems. Practicing Ayurveda and doing a 28 day Ayurvedic cleanse has been absolutely therapeutic for me. Your mind affects you in so many ways on a daily basis. Our brains are absorbing all kinds of information throughout the day and it's most of the time negative! By simply changing the way you eat to a healthier diet, it alters the kind of energy you are consuming on a daily basis. For example, if I go eat Chick-fil-a I am 100% going to feel extremely sleepy groggy afterwards. Why? Those chickens that are being factory farmed for fast food are dying and suffering when they are killed for consumption. That negative energy STAYS in the meat and...

The physical benefits of practicing yoga

There are twelve physiologies of the body that function physically, spiritually, ethereally, mentally, and carry rajasic, sattvic, and tamasic tendencies that yoga directly benefits. The physiologies are: integumentary, fascial, skeletal, muscular, circulatory, respiratory, digestive, eliminative, endocrine, nervous, mental-emotional, and pranic.  1. Integumentary Yoga gives skin a healthy glow by detox through sweating, balancing hormones and boosting the flow of oxygen rich blood to the skin. Yoga movement and meditation stimulate the production balance of collagen throughout the body, promoting resilient skin.  2. Fascial Yoga can release lock down in the body from the constant "forward thrust" by using an intrinsic patterning of resistance and release. This facilitates fluidity throughout all the climates of the body, from visceral, to neuromuscular, to mental-emotional. The sound of ujjayi pranayama has a softening effect on the fascial sheath. 3. Skeletal Yoga strengthe...