Skip to main content

My journey continues...

The biggest thing I have learned so far from my teacher training would be PATIENCE. I have never been super flexible or even had the ability to touch my toes. I recently just mastered Vrksasana (tree pose) and it is honestly the best feeling ever!! I never thought I would be able to do that EVER. I gain my confidence through repetition of poses and flows. For me, it is not something that just comes to me automatically. I have to practice consistently daily and weekly to accomplish my yoga goals.




From the few people I have taught already, I have gained amazing insight. Some people prefer to have a deeper, spiritual experience while others prefer something so gentle but healing at the same time. I love learning about different people's perspectives and expectations on their yoga experience because most people are very different in what they want out of a yoga class. I grow as a teacher by learning what people like and want out of their yoga experience. 

It is the greatest blessing to me that I have found true happiness helping people heal through yoga. 

Namaste :) 


Gracen Kahn Pernia © 2020 All Rights Reserved 










Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tamasic Energy

Tamas /Upward-Downward Movement        Tamas movement is strong, deep, and internally focused. In yoga, this would be the movement deep within the focus of each postures. It is the up and down currents of extension of the head and connection of the feet. Tamas is the listening in conversation. It is tamasic nature that keeps one from trying a posture or re-coiling from participating or receiving a hands-on adjustment, which is intended to improve the yoga experience.  chakrasana www.gobodhiyoga.com Gracen Kahn Pernia  © 2020 All Rights Reserved.

Another fave!

I have so many favorite things about yoga that I have learned thus far. My most favorite by far would have to be curing my insomnia. Normally, I cannot stay asleep throughout the night and I constantly toss and turn---and let me tell you my mattress is NICE. My pillows and comforter are extravagant but that doesn't always solve sleep problems. Practicing Ayurveda and doing a 28 day Ayurvedic cleanse has been absolutely therapeutic for me. Your mind affects you in so many ways on a daily basis. Our brains are absorbing all kinds of information throughout the day and it's most of the time negative! By simply changing the way you eat to a healthier diet, it alters the kind of energy you are consuming on a daily basis. For example, if I go eat Chick-fil-a I am 100% going to feel extremely sleepy groggy afterwards. Why? Those chickens that are being factory farmed for fast food are dying and suffering when they are killed for consumption. That negative energy STAYS in the meat and...

The physical benefits of practicing yoga

There are twelve physiologies of the body that function physically, spiritually, ethereally, mentally, and carry rajasic, sattvic, and tamasic tendencies that yoga directly benefits. The physiologies are: integumentary, fascial, skeletal, muscular, circulatory, respiratory, digestive, eliminative, endocrine, nervous, mental-emotional, and pranic.  1. Integumentary Yoga gives skin a healthy glow by detox through sweating, balancing hormones and boosting the flow of oxygen rich blood to the skin. Yoga movement and meditation stimulate the production balance of collagen throughout the body, promoting resilient skin.  2. Fascial Yoga can release lock down in the body from the constant "forward thrust" by using an intrinsic patterning of resistance and release. This facilitates fluidity throughout all the climates of the body, from visceral, to neuromuscular, to mental-emotional. The sound of ujjayi pranayama has a softening effect on the fascial sheath. 3. Skeletal Yoga strengthe...