Skip to main content

Finding My Voice

After completing my yoga certification requirements, I have found my "voice". When leading a group of people in yoga, it is very important to me to have personality when speaking and even a little humor. 

Practicing yoga doesn't have to be something robotic and monotonous. It is SO important to have fun and really get honest with yourself. I truly feel so grateful and blessed to have the YTT I did because it really is like no other. I feel like I can connect with people on more than a physical level. Spiritual and energetic  connections are very powerful. 

I love just going with the flow and not being so robotic. Not everyone has the same bone size and body type. You must be gentle, lead with care, and use smart discretion. Some people may have health issues that limit them from typical asanas, so it is very important to guide everyone to something they can do. 

I have been called a "natural" for leading groups and helping people go within and get honest with themselves. A lot of us can be stuck in an unhealthy programming of lying to ourselves which can lead to limiting beliefs and an unhealthy mindset towards our daily lives. By testing our edges and believing we can do anything we put our mind to leads to growth. 

Namaste 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tamasic Energy

Tamas /Upward-Downward Movement        Tamas movement is strong, deep, and internally focused. In yoga, this would be the movement deep within the focus of each postures. It is the up and down currents of extension of the head and connection of the feet. Tamas is the listening in conversation. It is tamasic nature that keeps one from trying a posture or re-coiling from participating or receiving a hands-on adjustment, which is intended to improve the yoga experience.  chakrasana www.gobodhiyoga.com Gracen Kahn Pernia  © 2020 All Rights Reserved.

Ayurvedic Lifestyle

Living an Ayurvedic lifestyle takes discipline. When I concluded my yoga teacher training, I decided to further explore Ayurveda.  Ayurveda is known as the "science of life". One who eats an Ayurvedic diet and lives an Ayurvedic lifestyle is said to live to their optimal health. I am participating in an Ayurvedic cleanse to honor my body's doshic makeup. By doing an Ayurvedic cleanse, I reduce inflammation and mucus build up in my body.  When the body is out of equilibrium, "dis-ease" manifests. When we completely rid our bodies of inflammation and excess mucus, the body can actually heal itself. I personally believe combining several practices can really enhance a person's well being. Before I list what has worked for me, this is not at all medical advice and always recommend you consult with your physician.  I have done a 360 transformation in a little over 1 year. I began by practicing Bodhi Yoga with an Ayurvedic focus. This yoga opened me up in a new li...

Another fave!

I have so many favorite things about yoga that I have learned thus far. My most favorite by far would have to be curing my insomnia. Normally, I cannot stay asleep throughout the night and I constantly toss and turn---and let me tell you my mattress is NICE. My pillows and comforter are extravagant but that doesn't always solve sleep problems. Practicing Ayurveda and doing a 28 day Ayurvedic cleanse has been absolutely therapeutic for me. Your mind affects you in so many ways on a daily basis. Our brains are absorbing all kinds of information throughout the day and it's most of the time negative! By simply changing the way you eat to a healthier diet, it alters the kind of energy you are consuming on a daily basis. For example, if I go eat Chick-fil-a I am 100% going to feel extremely sleepy groggy afterwards. Why? Those chickens that are being factory farmed for fast food are dying and suffering when they are killed for consumption. That negative energy STAYS in the meat and...